Gut Health: Why It Matters and How To Improve It
Gut health is a topic that's been getting a lot of attention lately - and for good reason. Hippocrates, The Father of Medicine who lived centuries ago, famously said that "all diseases begin in the gut". And believe it or not, this idea still holds true today. A healthy gut is foundational to overall health and well-being, and in this blog, we'll explore why gut health matters and what steps you can take to improve it.
Why Gut Health Matters
Here are just a few reasons why gut health is so important:
- About 70% of our immune system is located in the gut.
- The gut controls many hormones, including those related to metabolism.
- 95% of our serotonin, the "feel-good" neurotransmitter, is produced in the small intestine. This is why gut health is linked to mental health.
- Poor gut health can lead to poor sleep quality and other sleep issues.
- The gut communicates with the brain through the "gut-brain axis", affecting digestion, cognition, and emotions.
How to Improve Your Gut Health:
Clearly, a healthy gut is critical to overall health and well-being. But with all the conflicting information out there, it can be hard to know where to start. Here are some steps you can take to improve your gut health:
1. Start with Good Nutrition and Hydration
Eating clean, healthy foods and drinking plenty of filtered water is essential not just for gut health, but for overall health and wellness. Be sure to eat a varied diet with lots of fiber to maintain healthy digestion.
2. Get Enough Sleep, Exercise Regularly, & Manage Stress
Sleep, exercise, and stress management all play a role in gut health. Be sure to prioritize these areas and find ways to fit them into your daily routine.
3. Supplement Your Diet with Pre/Probiotics, Enzymes, & Fiber
Even with a healthy diet, most people don't get enough pre/probiotics, enzymes, and fiber to support a healthy gut. Consider adding these supplements to your daily routine.
Young Living Products That Support Gut Health
Young Living offers a range of supplements and products that can help support gut health, including:
- Life 9 Probiotic: A high-potency probiotic that supports healthy digestion and immune function
- Essentialzymes-4: A blend of enzymes that helps break down proteins, fats, and carbohydrates
- Inner Defense: A supplement formulated with potent essential oils to support immune function
- Super B Tablets: A vitamin B complex supplement that supports energy metabolism and nervous system function
- JuvaCleanse Vitality: An oil blend that supports liver and digestive function
Young Living's 5-Day Nutritive Cleanse is another option for supporting gut health. This gentle cleanse includes shakes, digestion-supporting capsules, NingXia Red juice, and snacks to give your digestive system a break and support healthy digestion.
To make ordering Young Living products even more convenient, consider signing up for a customizable subscription box through Young Living's Loyalty Rewards program. This program offers a range of perks, including a 24% discount on all orders after reaching 100PV and free products with qualifying orders.
If you're ready to prioritize your gut health, Young Living has products and resources to help. Whether you need help getting started, have questions about product options, or want to learn more about the Loyalty Rewards program, reach out to me today!
Want to keep reading about everything GenX? Or are you interested in learning more about natural wellness? Maybe you'd just love to stay up-to-date on the latest in wellness and holistic living?
If this sounds like fun to you, then sign up to be notified each time I publish a new blog! As a Young Living Brand Partner, I'm dedicated to sharing all the knowledge I've gained about incorporating natural products into my life, but that's not all I write about. My GenX Crew is near and dear to my heart, and sharing nostalgic moments as well as ideas, tips, and tricks to help us live life better bring us all together as one happy bunch!
So don't miss out on any of my blog content – simply click here and enter your email address to receive weekly updates straight to your inbox.